Sunday, March 20, 2011

Taking a Break






Well the Navy has sent me to New London, CT for a couple months and I decided to leave the boat and her parts down in Charleston. Before I left, I finished glassing, priming and painting the exterior. I still have a little reinforcement glassing as well as installation of the hardware and fittings to go on the hull. My next task when I return to Charleston will be to pour the bulb and finish the mast and rigging. If anyone is in the New England area and needs any help with their project I would be willing to help when I can.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you sure have progressed. Call Kevin Farrar, Farrar Sailmakers in New London (860-447-0382.) You can check out his GP26 build, he's always looking for help and take a look at the sails he made for my i550, which are still at the loft.
    If you're ever in the Newport area, give me a shout and stop by to see my boat, I'm in Jamestown RI. Would like to see what another builder thinks of the boat up close, still plenty of cockpit glassing left to do also.

    Peter
    tynaje2002@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete