Sunday, January 2, 2011

Its Been a While




Progress certainly did slow down but I have been chipping away small projects slowly over the past couple of months (even though I have been off the radar). My actual goal was to have the fewest blog posting to make the project appear to be quick and simple. Its hard for me to work on it where I live so I usually take it to various friend's driveways on the weekend.

I have just about finished all the glassing topside and the deck is about ready to be primed and painted. I need to finish the keel and keel box so I can install that and finish up that task. The rudder is pretty much complete except for primer, paint, and hardware installation. I have not really had any progress with the mast besides having a blank section.

I am thinking about splashing the boat and checking to ensure that there are no leaks and that the glass/epoxy has sealed the wood in the up coming weekend. Its a bitter sweet joy beginning to reach the end of the project. I will be glad to be done with the construction and time commitment but I am sure I will miss working with the epoxy and fiberglass.

1 comment:

  1. It looks great. An interesting fact is that perhaps your boat will have more trailer miles on it than any other US i550 even before it's finished!

    ReplyDelete