Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Construction will begin on Monday

Well it has been a couple months since I began ordering components for hull #286 and the time has come to begin construction. The stars have aligned and I am off from work for the next four weeks and I plan to do as much work as possible to get the boat as close to completed as possible. My experience level is low but I have done my homework and I have studied the construction process. I am sure I will run into a few road bumps along the way but I feel as though I am well prepared.

I just finished four years of education and military training at the United States Naval Academy. I studied Naval Architecture and sailed on the Offshore Sailing Team. Thank you to all of those who have pointed me in right direction on this project.

The boat will be mostly constructed in Houston, TX but will ultimately reside in Charleston, SC following the end of summer. I have friends and family who will be helping.

2 comments:

  1. welcome and best of luck with your build. It is a fantastic experience and I guess you have all the requirements needed to do a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm building 030 in Houston. Where are you?

    ReplyDelete